Sunday, July 5, 2015

Interview: West Elm Local Artist, Illustrator, Surface Pattern Designer, & Owner of “The Vintage Vogue” Charlotte Cannon

Ismail oubarka | 2:39 PM

– Your name and where you’re from

My name is Charlotte Cannon and I’m based in Baltimore Maryland.

 

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset
 
– What do you do? Where can we find you and your work?
 
I’m an artist, illustrator, and surface pattern designer. You can find me at http://ift.tt/1e8YXT4 and on pinterest and instagram @thevintagevogue. You can also find my work at West Elm in DC and Virginia as part of West Elm Local, and a small group of boutiques in the US and around the world.
 
Processed with VSCOcam with kk2 preset
 
Processed with VSCOcam with hb1 preset
 
– What inspires you?
 
I’m inspired by life and other makers. The whole maker movement is so powerful and encouraging. My Christian faith is ingrained into the fiber of my being, and my family fuels my drive. Illustration and pattern make my heart skip a beat. I see it every where. I once heard a musical artist say she sees the world musically. Every moment is a beat, a rhythm. In the same way I dissect the world through seeing visual rhythms and delighting in interesting forms. My recent work has been inspired by the female form, organic shapes and the play of positive and negative space. I am in love with the beauty of simplicity and tend to favor the “less is more” aesthetic – visually as well as a way of life.
 
Processed with VSCOcam with a6 preset
 
Read the rest of my interview with Charlotte Cannon and see more pictures of her amazing work on my new site Pineapple.life !

 

nikisha_banner



from Urban Bush Babes http://ift.tt/1KEyph9

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub