|My Neocell Bounty|
First, I went on a wild goose chase for Vitamin C serums. Them thangs are expensive and come in tiny, tiny bottles. Then, I started hearing whispers on the internet about collagen. So I sank my coins (not really, it wasn't that expensive lol) into a pack of Beauty Bursts from Vitamin Shoppe during their BOGO sale. They tasted great, and I made it through the 30 day supply with ease.
Then I forgot to re-up.
All hope was not lost - to my pleasant surprise, while going through my e-mail inbox (it's a jungle in there), I discovered an e-mail from Neocell, makers of the Beauty Bursts. After checking out their website, I realized there was a greater reason to collaborate. Between my vanity mission for healthy skin, and my #livelongandprosper mission with #30DaysofDope sat one particular product - Neocell's Collagen Sport Ultimate Recovery Complex protein powder.
Before I get into all the amazing ingredients and benefits, let's have a lil science lesson - shall we?
The Science of Collagen
First things first - collagen is a type of protein (more precisely, a long-chain amino acid) that naturally occurs in our bodies. Aside from water, collagen is one of the most plentiful resources available in our bodies - and acts as a building block for skin, tendons, hair, and bones.
Collagen is broken down into three different types - collagen 1, 2, and 3. Each type of collagen contains different proteins that serve different functions and for this reason, are paired differently for optimal absorption in the body.
Collagen Types 1 and 3
Collagen types 1 and 3 are often paired together, as they support skin, muscles, bone health, and hair and nail growth - thanks to the 19 amino acids present and their essential functions. Over 90% of the collagen in the body is contains types 1 and 3. The amino acids present in these collagen types help promote a healthy metabolism (study), stabilize collagen production in the body, and build protein within the body (hey muscles and hair!).
Collagen Type 2
Collagen type 2 helps restore the fluids and function in the cartilage and joints of the body. While types 1 and 3 are present throughout the body, collagen type 2 makes up 50-60% of the protein found in the joints. Taking a popular supplement for joints like glucosamine, chondroitin, or hyaluronic acid? Collagen type 2 has all of the above, and then some! Type 2 collagen is used best when taken in the evening or right before bed.
Why Take Collagen Supplements?
If our bodies produce collagen, why spend the money on collagen-based supplements like the ones offered by Neocell? The answer is simple - age. As we get older, our ability to produce collagen diminishes. That's why with age, our hair thins and becomes more brittle, wrinkles begin forming, skin thins and sags (yikes!), our metabolism slows, and the joints start creaking. Add in stress, poor diet, and hormonal imbalances - and we've got a real situation on our hands.
That's why I'm about that supplementing with Collagen life. Here are some of the benefits:
Benefits of Type 1 and 3 Collagen
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases bone strength (36% of bone is made up of types 1 and 3)
- Fixes weak and damaged nail bed
- Thickens fine hair
- Slows hair loss
- Improves circulation
- Increases glycine production which helps build lean muscle and burn fat during sleep
- Eases joint stiffness and pain
- Reduces popping knees
- Supports back, jaw, and joints
- Reduces inflammation in the joints
- Cushions and lubricates joints
- Strengthens joints
- Macros: 30g protein, 2.25g carbohydrates, 0.5g fat, 0g sugar, and 123 calories per serving (those numbers are amazing - especially if you're looking to lose weight or get stronger!)
- Gluten, sugar, lactose, and artificial flavor-free
- Contains 15g of collagen types 1 and 3 (see 'The Science of Collagen' above for the benfits)
- As a plain shake with Califia Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (I don't recommend this right out the gate if you don't regularly drink protein shakes...it's a steeeeep 'getting used to' curve)
- As a part of a specialty drink (recommended). I either add it to a fruit smoothie with blueberries and acai, or use it to create a protein-infused caramel iced coffee (click here for the recipe).
|Via #30DaysofDope Instagram|
The second, I haven't had much success locating Neocell Collagen Sport on the ground. The only thing I was able to find about this product was placing an order via customer service - (800) 346-2922.
from The Mane Objective http://ift.tt/2bjMEsE