Friday, February 5, 2016

Tips To Slay Your First Henna Gloss Treatment

Ismail oubarka | 1:37 PM

This winter, I decided to do something a little out of my comfort zone. I finally decided to commit to my first henna gloss treatment. For those that don't know, a henna gloss treatment is a milder, more moisturizing version of a full henna treatment. It incorporates the addition of a protein-free conditioner to your henna mix and yields kinky curls that are stronger and shinier than before. As an added bonus, you have complete control over how much color you want in your hair. You can leave it in for as long or as little as you like. However, the longer you leave it in, the more noticeable the results will be.
For my first attempt, I went to my local Sally's Beauty Supply and purchased their Reshma henna. The directions state to add water, but I chose to substitute it with green tea. I mixed in my conditioner of choice (Tresemme Perfectly Undone) and voila, it was ready to go!

I wanted to share my experience for those that are a little gun shy about using henna. One thing I will say straight away is to be prepared for how messy the application process is. I seriously underestimated this! However, with a little preparation you can mitigate the need for any cleanup afterwards. The benefits of henna gloss are definitely worth the time it takes to perfect your own process. These tips in the video below will definitely ease your learning curve.


Are you a henna gloss veteran? What is your number one tip for henna success?



from beauty hair http://ift.tt/1T3sNkr

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub