Thursday, August 7, 2014

Alex // 4A/B Transitioning Natural Hair Style Icon

Ismail oubarka | 10:05 AM
by 
Alex // 4A/B Transitioning Natural Hair Style Icon - http://1hairideas.blogspot.com/
Introduce yourself!
A:
 My name is Alex and I was born and raised in Las Vegas!

Why did you make the decision to go natural?
A:
 I decided to go natural back in 2010 because I noticed my hair had started thinning and I became so afraid to apply my next relaxer that I kept pushing the touch-up date further back. During that time I became aware of the natural hair movement and many natural women all over the internet. I fell in love with natural hair and became extremely curious as to what mine looked like. I have been transitioning since December of 2010, so it’s been about 27 months now.
How would you describe your texture?
A:
 I believe my texture to be 4a in the crown area and 4b around the perimeter of my head. It’s crazy thick and coily when wet.
Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
A:
 I wash my mane about every 2 weeks, though it really depends on how busy I am and how my hair is feeling/looking. After I wash, it will most likely be worn in a twist out state. To keep the twist out fresh, I retwist a few sections in the front/top using Nubian Heritage Repair & Extend Hair Butter and spray it with a little water.
Alex // 4A/B Transitioning Natural Hair Style Icon - http://1hairideas.blogspot.com/
What does wash day look like for you?
A:
 I always deep condition with Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner before I start to do anything on wash day. After the conditioner has had time to marinate (I leave it on as long as I can) it’s time to melt some coconut oil between my hands and have a light finger detangling session. Next, I shampoo with Tresemme Naturals. Throughout this process my hair stays divided into at least 4 sections. After I rinse out the shampoo I apply Kinky Curly Knot Today and coconut oil as a leave-in, detangle with my Tangle Teezer and twist it up!
Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style.
A:
 If I don’t have much time and my twist out is not cooperating, I’ll just pull it back into a textured ponytail. Still very cute.
How do you combat shrinkage?
A:
 As of now I don’t worry too much about shrinkage. Although, I do use the pineapple method at night which helps with stretching out the style.
What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
A:
 My nape area and ends always require special attention. Keeping those areas moisturized and being as gentle as possible usually does the trick.
What are 2 do’s for your texture?
A:
 Deep condition on dry hair before doing anything. Twists – they’ll keep the hair moisturized and detangled until the next wash day.
What are 2 don’ts for your texture?
A:
 Don’t shampoo the hair strands. Focus on the scalp. Don’t go to sleep without tying your hair up with a satin scarf. I’ve spent too many mornings upset because I was just “too tired” the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub