Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Trend: Kinky Curly Extensions

Ismail oubarka | 3:50 AM









The trend for kinky curly extensions is really heating up and I believe that 2015 is the year that the industry makes a huge impact.



There is a lot of talk about the kinky curly weaves and wigs mostly good but some negative or perhaps wary of the impact this will have on the natural hair community. one that prides itself on educating women on growing healthy beautiful hair. The weave v natural debates runs on (and on and on) and I really have no time for it to be honest.



Focusing on the positives is always a better plan. Many of these companies that offer an alternative to silky straight weaves and wigs are natural black women who saw a gap in the market. This can only be a good thing as a lot of our money goes to Asian and Chinese companies that do not cater to our needs as black women. many of the brands are small and black owned.



These brands help you to enhance your god given hair, offering clip ins, half wigs and other protective styles that look like your hair. I see a lot of women wearing long braids using hair that is not there own but are against any kind of weave or wig? it's all a form of protective styling.



Price is often an issue, and yes a lot these brands are expensive because they use 100% virgin hair that is then (usually) steam processed to gain the afro kinky hair texture. there are alternatives to using 100% virgin hair, such as using Marley braid hair. wearing other people hair is not for everyone I respect that but for those who would like to invest in hair that when looked after can last up to 2 years check out Nazuri Curls, they are a UK based brand (there are many great brands but you all know I like to support UK companies).



Nazuri Curls textures range from afro kinky to relaxed straight (so not bone straight). prices start at £60 and lengths range from 8" to 24"



Nazuri curls hair can be manipulated to suit your hair by gently fluffing out the coils. They also offer a custom wig making service for those who are tender headed like myself who still want to rock this as a protective style. Nazuri Curls do not recommend that you heat style the hair however I have done this on a low heat and the coils revert back to the original pattern.



The hair is 100% virgin hair that is steam processed in order to get the varying textures. Steam processing is the is the safest way to create curls. I used the afro textured hair which when fluffed up is an exact match for my 4c hair. Like I mentioned the hair is 100% virgin and is sourced from Asian hair donors, virgin hair means the hair has never been chemically treated meaning coloured or permed.



Nazuri Curls is one of the only UK based afro textured hair brands. they are often at natural hair events this is where I had the opportunity to see the hair and I was sold on it straight away. My custom wig is made from 2 bundles of afro textured Nazuri Curls hair and is a U Part wig, however Nazuri Curls sell closures, clip ins and wefted hair. The wig allows me to look after my hair easily and feel like a bit of a diva! I'm totally sold on this kinky curly craze it has opened up more options for me when it comes to protective styling allowing me to be true to my god given texture and play around with lengths and styles. nazuricurls.com










from Natural Belle http://ift.tt/1sBR2ua

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub