Monday, May 25, 2015

The Collective: United Kurls

Ismail oubarka | 1:55 AM

The highlight of Curlvolution for me was seeing memebers of the United Kurls Collective on stage. United Kurls are a collective of female UK natural hair brand owners who have come together to support one another.

"We bring together the finest UK home grown natural haircare brands to create a platform and spread awareness about truly trusted UK haircare brands.

United Kurls was formed so that members of the collective may better serve the UK and Global consumers with useful information, quality products and services that would truly benefit them."

United Kurls includes Shea Butter Cottage, I Love Afro, Mane Divas, Shea Decadence, Almocado, Naturally Simple Haircare, Afrodeity, Curly by Nature and BeUnique Haircare. I'm so proud to know some of these women personally though blogging and the natural hair community. Their energy individually is so positive combined they are off the chart.

I can not stress enough how important it is that we support UK natural hair brands especially those run by female entrepreneurs. Not only is this helping to boost the UK economy but it is helping to lift up women in a positive way. The collective is proof that working together is possible, proof that black women support each other.







As a blogger I think it is important to support these brands, when I call myself a holistic blogger, it not just about my leaning towards organic and natural beauty, it's about being a whole blogger, doing good for your cause, making a difference. I choose who I support very carefully it;s about the whole brand not just the size of the gifted donation. it's also about showing your support After you have done your review. actually spending your queen faces with these brands following their journey and being consistent. I tried to pick up some things from everyone in the collective this is a small selection of my haul from Curlvolution


The lovely ladies at I Love Afro gifted me their awesome new product hydrate and hold cream [thank you ladies I shall be reviewing this soon!]


of cause I purchased from auntie Akua of Sheabutter Cottage, stocking up on my much loved Haitian castor oil and a few new items Like the Loofah Oil and the Hibiscus & Allanblackia deep conditioner.


Finally got the chance to buy from Almocado, I got the Curl Jelly which I've heard is a sub for Eco Styler.


I also got hold of the Mango Lassi hair milk for Freya from Shea Decadence and was gifted the Clay Hair Masque which I can not wait to use.



from Natural Belle http://ift.tt/1EsAOTl

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub