Monday, August 15, 2016

Garmentory Magazine: Woman We Love, Nikisha Brunson

Ismail oubarka | 11:15 AM

I couldn’t be more thrilled to share my interview with Garmentory Magazine. Their site Garmentory is one of my favorite places to shop so I was more than happy to be their girl crush!

 

We’re in love with Nikisha Brunson. Reasons why? Well, not only does she approach her public and private life with an inspiring amount of honesty and bravery (she’s been very open about her experiences with abuse, anxiety and depression), she is one of those women you discover on Instagram and instantly want to be friends. By day she is the co-founder of Urban Bush Babes and runs her own apothecary line Folie (100% natural and handcrafted in small batches). And of course, she also has a killer sense of style. Effortless basics and understated cool is her jam — you’ll find her keeping busy in casual silhouettes like jumpsuits and t-shirts, in muted hues like gray and navy. We first got to know her when she worked with some of our favorite fashion pals in Texas and, obviously, we were dying to learn more about this Austin-based beauty. We caught up with Nikisha to get her lowdown on style and the city.

 

 

TELL US ALL ABOUT YOU. I was born in Toronto, Canada and moved to Brooklyn, New York at age 3. I was in Brooklyn for 27 years, then moved to Virginia for a year and then Austin, Texas. I have a 16 year old son that I had when I was 17 years old. I was a single mom for 11 years until I got married. I have a Masters degree in childhood education and use to teach in NYC and in Virginia. Now I own a all natural skincare and haircare line called “Folie”, where I handcraft everything in small batches. I am also a health and wellness influencer. My journey with anxiety, depression, and ADHD are what drives my passions.

Read my whole interview here

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

 

 

 

 

Save

Save



from Urban Bush Babes http://ift.tt/2aWa1On

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub