Tuesday, August 28, 2018

[style obsession.] The Above Ankle Length Dress

Ismail oubarka | 7:26 AM
A section of my closet is dedicated to a small collection of maxi dresses that I've collected over the years.  For some reason, I'm drawn to them.  Once I find one that fits, I'm pretty much going to buy it.

So now I own a decent amount of maxi dresses that I barely wear. I couldn't figure out why I suddenly lost interest in my beloved dresses...until now.

Most of my maxi dresses are true to their name.  When worn, they practically reach the floor.  I didn't realize until today that my super long dresses are in dire need of a modern makeover.  When I stumbled this street style image of Karrueche, it was like a lightbulb came on.

Karrueche and I are about the same height (5'1).  Being tiny in stature sometimes makes it hard to find clothes that are a perfect fit.  Oftentimes, we have to partner with a tailor so the clothes fit just right.

 Recently, Karrueche was spotted enjoying a day out with a friend.  She's wearing a beautiful pattern dress and a stunning pair of heels.  After studying her look for a few moments, I picked up the following insights:

\\The (above) Ankle-Length Dress\\
The reason why I'm no longer in love with my maxi dresses is because they aren't the perfect length.  As a tiny person, floor-length dresses aren't an optimal choice.  Karrueche's dress lands just above her ankles.  Not only is this a more modern length, it also creates the perfect opportunity to highlight your footwear.

\\The Feminine Heel\\
When I wear my long dresses, I typically don't pay too much attention to the shoes I'm wearing. Most of the time, the shoes are barely visible.  But, the (above) ankle-length dress doesn't hide our shoes, it showcases them.  Can we talk about how Karrueche wore an ultra-sexy heel to balance the soft feminine energy of her dress? I love how both her dress and shoes share equal roles as statement pieces of her look.

There are a couple dresses in my closet that would be completely transformed if I were to have them altered to just above ankle length.  This newer, more modern length dress looks beautiful no matter your height.  The above ankle dress hasn't caught on as a trend just yet.  Most online fashion retailers offer midi length (just below the knee) or maxi dresses. Nothing in between.

It's time to explore new lengths. #exposetheankles



from BELLEMOCHA.com https://ift.tt/2wjXpIg

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub