Sunday, July 20, 2014

MYKEL IS NATURALLY GLAM!

Ismail oubarka | 5:32 AM
MYKEL IS NATURALLY GLAM!
MYKEL IS NATURALLY GLAM!

By : curlynikki
Tell me about yourself!
My name is Mykel, and the arts are my life. I am currently in the progress of getting a degree in Theatre. I look at every apect of life as an art form, which is why I love hair/fashion.

Were you a transitioner or a Big Chopper? What was your journey like?
Both! I transitioned for about a year. When my new growth reached about three-four inches, I did the chop. My journey has been pleasant and surprising so far. I did not expect to enjoy caring for my hair the way I am enjoying it.



Had you always embraced your texture?
Yes. Curly hair has always intrigued me. I am in love.

How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? What was your response to them? 
They are all for it. Majority of my family members are natural. I love being able to talk hair talk with them.

Describe your hair (fine or coarse, thin or thick, highly porous, low, etc.)
My hair is a mixture of 4a, 4b, and 4c. It is “thick city” on top of my head. It ranges from fine to coarse. It can get really dry and tangled quickly if I do not keep it moisturized daily. I am still learning my hair.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done to your hair? 
Uhhh, colored it. Why did I do that? I have no idea.



What’s your biggest hair related regret?
I regret coloring it, really. The color is pretty, but I think my hair would be much further along if I hadn’t have colored it. Once you color it, you get addicted to coloring it. Meh. 

What's your current hair routine? How often do you wash, condition, and style? Favorite products! Deets!
I cowash once a week and deep condition once a week. My routine changes depending on my hair’s needs. I use shampoo only once a month. The rest of the month, I use the Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse and my favorite Tresemme Naturals (old formula) Conditioner. So far, the Shea Moisture products are my fave.



What’s your favorite hairstyle? Where do you get hairstyle inspiration?
My favorite hairstyle is my high puff. I experiment with styles a lot, so I guess it’s safe to say I inspire myself.

Who is your curl crush?
Omg, Jess aka MahoganyCurls. I slowly developing a hair crush on Taren Guy, too.

How do you maintain your hair at night?
At night, I pull it up in a high bun if I am stretching it for the next day. Sometimes, I just twist it.



How do you maintain healthy length?
I am in the process of slowly cutting off my color, so I can’t really say.

What's the best thing about being natural?
The best thing about being natural is being free and understanding that my hair does not make me the person I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub