Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Healthy Me: Postpartum Skin Care

Ismail oubarka | 11:21 AM


I suffered from really bad breakouts while I was pregnant. Now that Simon is born, I am dealing with clearing up my skin and keeping it as breakout free as possible. This is what specifically works for me but keep in mind that everyone's skin is totally different. But I hope that this is helpful!


Below are the cleansing products that I use:




I just started using the Burts bees brightening cleanser on my face. I am very pleased with this product! I feel like it helps to give me brighter skin. Prior to pregnancy my skin had a really good natural glow. But pregnancy really dulled out my skin over time. So this product helps me to get back the glow!



I use witch hazel with two drops of Tea tree essential oil as my toner. Tea tree essential oil is great for cleansing. It also makes my skin feel invigorated and I can feel that it gives me a very deep cleanse.



Below are the two products I use to moisturize my face:




I use the sensitive hydrating moisturizer during the day and the dual treatment moisturizer at night. I use this one at night because it has salicylic acid which helps to combat breakouts.


Cleansing and moisturizing my face:



-I allow the steam from the shower to open my pores before washing my face.

-After about 3 minutes of steam I rinse my face and apply my cleanser in a circular motion. I continue to work it into my skin for a full minute. Then I rinse thoroughly.

-Once out of the shower I apply witch hazel to a cotton ball along with 2 drops of tea tree essential oil. I cleanse my face in a circular motion paying specific attention to my t-zone (forehead, nose, and chin)

-Then I moisturize accordingly depending on if it's the morning or night


My face before cleansing:




My face after cleansing:




This works great for me right now! What do you use to cleanse and deal with breakouts? Share below!






from Natural with Kendra http://ift.tt/1z78FEH

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub