Thursday, February 26, 2015

Kendra Styles: My Mini Twist Journey

Ismail oubarka | 8:42 AM

As you all know, I'm a new mommy so time is limited for hair time. I've had to work on getting down a hair care and styling regimen that works for this new phase of life! One of my absolute favorite styles has been mini twists. So I decided, why not make this a long term style?




Now when I say long term I'm talking months.. I'm talking like possibly a YEAR! Yes you heard me right.




Here's my game plan:



Washing: as needed. Lately I've gone up to 2-4 weeks before washing. After washing I will spend the next several days re-twisting my twists for a clean and frizz free look



Deep Conditioning and Hot Oil Treatments: about once a month but really as needed based on my hair and the weather



Moisturizing: with mini twists raw shea butter and coconut oil do the trick! Also a spritz of water to set a style goes a long way



Styling: I will still incorporate as many protective styles as possible! And don't worry I will throw some awesome create styles in the mix too.


I am super excited about this journey!! I can't wait to share my progress as time goes on.






from Natural with Kendra http://ift.tt/18257rk

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub