Thursday, August 14, 2014

Allie // Multi-Texture Style Icon

Ismail oubarka | 2:00 PM
 
Allie // Multi-Texture Style Icon -http://1hairideas.blogspot.com/
Introduce yourself!
A:
 Hello! I’m Allie (“known” on YouTube as AllieNicole and Instagram as @allisahnnn) from Oakland, California. I’ve been in DC for the last eight years so I claim the “urea” too :)

Why did you make the decision to go natural?
A:
 I have been natural for 12 years! My big chop was in 8th grade after a terrible sequence of relaxer-breakage-jherri curl. Yes, I had a jherri curl (or Wave Nouveau as it was called) in 1999. I don’t know if I ever forgave my Mom for letting me do that LOL. I was featured on BGLH awhile back and went into detail about my other questionable hair styling techniques. I would say that I never really “went natural” – I just made questionable hair styling decisions for a few years and went back to the hair my mom braided for most of my childhood. I grew into myself and rekindled a love affair with my hair!
How would you describe your texture?
A:
 Even after 12 years of being natural, I am not sure if I know the answer to this question! My hair has a loose “S” curl pattern in the front (somewhere between 3c/4a), tighter ringlets in the back, and 4a/4b less defined “S’ curls in the crown area. My hair is extremely dense and most of the strands are thick. I’ve colored it a few times and it took about 2.5 years to grow the colored sections out (to my current BSL length).
Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
A:
 I clarify once a month, put my hair in twists for a week, rock a twistout for a week, and co-wash if needed after two weeks. I like to curl or bantu knot my twists to add a little variety and I have started experimenting with updos as well! I am a semi-reformed product junkie – my current staples include Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture Purification Mask, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisturizing Conditioner, Oyin Handmade Frank Juice Leave-in, and Mahogany Queen’s Mango Shea Butter. Shea Radiance and Jane Carter products are starting to grow on me as well!

Allie // Multi-Texture Style Icon -http://1hairideas.blogspot.com/
What does wash day look like for you?
A:
 Clarifying Day:
(1) Massage scalp with 50:50 Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar/Water mix
(2) Apply Shea Moisture Purification Mask through four sections to remove product buildup. Rinse.
(3) Apply Aubrey GPB Conditioner/Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner. Rinse.
(4)Squeeze dry with t-shirt.
(5)Apply Oyin Frank Juice and styling product (Mango Butter, Curl Cream, etc.) before twisting.
Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style.
A:
 I like to create a side part and pin down a large twist or braid in the front of my hair for a quick dramatic hair centerpiece.
How do you combat shrinkage?
A:
 I don’t – I learn to work with it! Twist outs and braid outs are great ways to elongate and “soft set” curls.
What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
A:
 When I get overly stressed out, my right temple starts to thin (left always stays strong – don’t know why lol). When I notice it I remind myself to calm down and focus on what’s really important to eliminate the unnecessary stress. Once I maintain that balance (and tend to the area with a little TLC) it generally grows back within a few months. Tis life!
What are 2 do’s for your texture?
A:
 Use Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner as often as the wallet will allow! Gently finger detangle with coconut oil before co-washing!
What are 2 don’ts for your texture?
A:
 Don’t spend 12 hours youtubing hairstyles – try some! You will have epic wins and fails :) Don’t go longer than 12 weeks without MINOR trims since separating twists can be rough on the ends

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub