Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Schebania // 4B/C Natural Hair Style Icon

Ismail oubarka | 1:52 PM

Schebania // 4B/C Natural Hair Style Icon - http://1hairideas.blogspot.com/
by 
Introduce yourself!
S:
 My name is Schebania and I am a second generation Haitian living in Atlanta, GA.

Why did you make the decision to go natural?
S:
 I’ve been natural for pretty much my entire life. Well, there was one point in my life when I really did want to get a perm. But I watched many people close to me struggle with their permed hair. So many of them were getting frustrated with how short, damaged, and thin their hair was becoming. That’s when I realized I didn’t want to be like them; always stressed out over the poor health of their hair. So I decided to fully embrace my natural texture and love my hair the way it grew out of my head.
How would you describe your texture?
S:
 I’d say that my hair is predominantly 4b/4c. My hair is really thick and dense, but I have fine strands. It tends to get pretty dry so I have to make sure that I’m always adding as much moisture as possible all the time.
Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
S:
 I try to keep my styling regimen pretty simple throughout the month. I like to keep my hair in protective styles like twists and updos for the majority of the month, but sometimes I will do a braid out. I usually style my hair with Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditionerand regularly add in castor oil to keep my hair soft and moisturized. I also regularly spritz my hair with a little bit of water between washes to ensure that my hair stays as moisturized as possible.
Schebania // 4B/C Natural Hair Style Icon - http://1hairideas.blogspot.com/
What does wash day look like for you?
S:
 Wash day happens every other week for me. To start, I finger detangle my hair with oil, conditioner and water before shampooing, and then I section it into 5 large twists. I then shampoo my hair in those sections. I shampoo with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. After I finish shampooing my hair, I deep condition withEden Body Works Jojoba Monoi All Natural Deep Conditioner for about an hour. After I rinse that out, I let my hair slightly air dry before I apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner. I seal with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and put my hair into about 10-12 braids.
Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style.
S:
 When I don’t have time to style, I usually put my hair in a low bun. It’s super easy and low maintenance.
How do you combat shrinkage?
S:
 To combat shrinkage, I keep my hair in braids between styles as well as after washing. This helps keep my hair nice and stretched and also prevents tangling and knotting from occurring.
What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
S:
 The crown area definitely requires the most care. That section is super sensitive so I have to be extra careful around that part of my head when I’m styling or detangling.
What are 2 do’s for your texture?
S:
 Keeping it stretched to prevent tangles. Also adding leave in conditioner with Jamaican Black Castor Oil to keep it soft and maintain the moisture.
What are 2 don’ts for your texture?
S:
 Sleeping on my hair without wrapping it up. This leaves my hair super matted and tangled. Neglecting to wash my hair on a regular basis is also a big don’t for me. This leaves my scalp super itchy and I tend to get A LOT of product build up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hair ideas © 2013. All Rights Reserved | Powered by-Blogger

Designed by-Windroidclub